Our client in hotel and hospitality industry is seeking to recruited a cashier/account clerk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive payment by cash, cheque, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Maintain the accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Answer customers’ questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Cash cheques for customers.
- Weigh items sold by weight in order to determine prices.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Bag, box, wrap and prepare packages for shipment.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or cheques.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TECHNICAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- The applicant must possess at least Accounting Technician Certificate/Diploma in from a reputable institution.
- At least 2 (two) years of similar experience
- To work as a liaison to manage timely resolution of service issues by effectively managing both internal and external resources and expectations
- Strong ability to work independently and with own management of schedule
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage internal network of resources to satisfy the demands of intermediaries and their block of business
- Excellent presentation skills; able to demonstrate professional poise and confidence
- In-depth knowledge of presentation preparation
- Ability to determine impact of presentation to various audiences; and, to prepare both informational and decision-making presentations
- Ability to effectively use multi-media tools and techniques
Influencing Outcomes-Selling Skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong interviewing and listening skills
- Strong ability to effectively manage difficult situations
- Diagnose, manage and build strategic relationships
CONTRACT AND LEVEL OF INVOLVEMENT
Full time 2 (two) years contract starting from 1st October, 2018 and renewable on satisfactorily with performance.
HOW TO APPLY
All application letters together with detailed CVs including names of three referees and expected remuneration for the above advertised assignment should be addressed to
Also indicate the expected salary.
The CEO and Managing Partner,
MNC Consulting Group,
P.O. Box 90-00618,
and sent by email to email@example.com not later than 25th September, 2018.
Please indicate clearly on the subject line of the email the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us after 1st October, 2018.